Sunday, April 13, 2014

All About AmazinAdrielle - S!

After brainstorming some things relating to my life, I have created this lovely alphabet about me - so you can get to know me a little better! You can also find more information about me on my website =). 


---------------------------------------------

S is for...

Singing - I started singing lessons when I was 11 years old, and ended up doing concerts, busking and performances at various places around town. I was also in the school choir for a few years.


Structural S - Ellenya and I find and pose next to the magical structural S whenever we see it's spectacular shape! We are especially impressed by buildings that work the structural S into their signage.

Study - I always liked school and learning new things. I have a bachelor degree in behavioural science, I studied sociology, scientific research and statistics at university, and have recently completed Certificate III in Media. I am now studying Spanish =D.



Sky - I like looking at the sky, and taking pictures of it - because it is always changing, but always awesome!


Steroids - I was on steroids for what my doctors think was a viral form of arthritis for three months in 2010. I was bedbound for almost the whole time, and gained 30kgs. When I tried to reduce the dose, I went a bit crazy, as a side effect. Eventually, though, I managed to get off them completely, and I also managed to lose 25kgs of the 30 I put on over the next few years (which was not easy with my illness and energy constraints!)

Side effects - When I had to take beta blockers for SVT, I had incredibly bad side effects. I still have the occasional anxiety attack, but I am now mostly over the hell that they caused =).


Splints - I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which makes my joints dislocate and sublux very easily. Because of this, I wear a lot of splints, braces and tapes to try to keep my joints in place. Sometimes I decorate my splints!


Scooters - When I am well enough, I can use my mobility scooters to get around =D. They are really fun to drive! I have an outdoor one and a smaller indoor one that can fold to fit in a car boot. Both are blue, and decorated with pink glitter butterfly stickers!

Ship window - I have a stained glass window that is a picture of a ship sailing at sunset, near some mountans. My dad made it, and it was once in the door of our cubby house. I love it! I would love to learn how to make stain glass windows one day!

Street shows - as a kid and teenager, all the neighbourhood kids used to put on shows in the street. It was really fun! We ended up performing in other places around town as we got older.




In addition, I was born during a storm, I collect stickers (to decorate my journals - and other things), I enjoy shopping (when well enough), and I have a sweet tooth! I also like drawing on my iPad with a stylus, I take a lot of pictures of spiders, I like swimming, and I take a lot of selfies!

------------------------------------------


The next installment in this alphabet will be coming soon! 

~Ad =)