Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Relaxing =D

Well, I have had a pretty nice couple of days since getting home from my holiday. I am still recovering from the trip ME/CFS-wise, but I am doing pretty good considering how long of a drive it was! I made sure that I got plenty of rest while I was away (although I didn't really have a choice most of the time - it was either lie down or act like a zombie and sooner or later fall down! lol) I am pretty happy that my family were so understanding about the amount of time I had to spend sleeping/sitting/lying down. I had been a bit worried that they wouldn't understand and it would be difficult. I am glad it wasn't! =D


Anyway, yesterday, Ellenya pushed me in my wheelchair and we went for a walk. It was fun! I wish we could do it every day - but it might kill Elle, lol! Also yesterday we got the Perspex to make my axolotl tank divider  - dad hasn't cut it to size yet, though. I hope he does soon. I will feel more comfortable when I can section off my axolotls to keep Artemis bully free!


In other axolotl news, I am still searching for new foods for my babies. Meal worms and liver just don't seem varied/vitaminy enough, even though that is what the aquarium suggested. They also suggested that I could try earth worms if I wanted to give them some more variation. This could be an option! Yesterday I was looking at earth worm farms, but they are so expensive to buy! I think I will try to make one myself. I figure if I raise the worms myself, there is no chance of chemical contamination or anything, and they will be safe for me to feed to my guys. On a side note, I did buy them some frozen daphnia stuff that I thought might be good, but it thaws into dust - and my guys are hand fed, so it is no good as dust. The freshwater silver sharks seemed to like it, though- so it won't go to waste, lol! (Those guys love most things that the other fish don't like - even this nasty smelly discus food that the discuses wouldn't eat - the sharkies gobbled it all up lol!) I might try to get some brine shrimp - the baby turtles eat it, and it clumps together into a... well, clump - so it might be okay to hand feed to axolotls.


Anyway, yesterday, after getting the Perspex, Kecapmanis, Ellenya and I went to McDonalds for lunch. I had a very odd experience with a terribly badly made big mac! Now, usually big macs (from our McDonalds anyway) are made dogily - Kecap always teases the way that none of the parts line up and you always have to rearrange the burger before eating it. Well, yesterday I got one that took the cake.


Upon opening the big mac box, I was greeted with a terribly leaning-over burger. The meat (or whatever it really is) was hanging out on one side, and the cheese was hanging out the other. The whole thing had a kind of wrongness about it. It was not long before I figured out the real source of the wrongness... Somehow, the burger-maker had put a big mac base, followed by an inverted cheese burger bun top, followed by the regular ingredients (lettuce, cheese, meat, other bread, etc.) It was so odd! It was two-headed! It made me giggle so much! I wondered whether that is how the burger-maker made their bed each morning...


Anyway, today I had a pretty relaxing day, and didn't do anything much. I did play my computer, sleep, and have a shower, among other things lol! On Puzzle Pirates I got a new outfit for my pirate on the Viridian Ocean (see the pretty picture - it may become my forum avatar!).


~Adrielle =)