Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sad News, Beads and the Duck Pond

Well, the last couple of days have been a bit tough for me. I haven't been having a very good time with ME/CFS, and my emotions seem to be going fairly crazy! I've been suffering with what my doctor likes to call "migratory arthralgia" and "migratory myalgia", which pretty much means joint and muscle pain that moves from place to place. It is a symptom of my ME/CFS, and it gets so bad sometimes that it is difficult for me to move around, sit up for long, or sleep. I tend to limp around on bad ME/CFS days, and this symptom (combined with the fatigue that makes me too tired to really lift my feet and walk around with ease) is the reason. I sometimes feel like I look like a swamp monster emerging from the mud to come attack mortals!


Anyway, yesterday I had a very bad experience. All of our baby axolotls died. I have no idea what happened to them. They had seemed to be going so well, but then they stopped eating. We had a funeral for them all today. There was only one viable egg left, and this morning it hatched. I know the odds are stacked against this little guy or girl, but I can't help being hopeful when I see it swimming and eating. I have him/her in a bowl on the table, and I am partially changing the water every few hours to keep the oxygen levels up, and to combat the waste from uneaten food (the babies that died were in the big tank, and I didn't want to risk that something in there wasn't quite right for babies). I hope I'm doing the right thing by this little guy. We tried so hard with the others, and did everything we could. Nature can be so cruel =(. 

I would really like to thank all of my awesome Twitter and Facebook friends (and, of course my real-life family) for their support and kind words to me over the last few days. I don't know how I would survive without these awesome people to talk to! =D


On a brighter note, today I got some new beads =). I haven't had the energy/inclination to actually string any beads yet, but I have been collecting packets of beads that I like over the last few weeks (so that when I have the energy, I have them here ready to string!). The packets that I got today are seed beads of all different colours! One pack is rainbow bright colours, and the other (that Ellenya picked) is pastel colours. I can't wait to make something with them. I have to dig out all my other bead packets from under my bed (where all the crafty stuff I buy/find goes to dwell... lol!) 


By the way, Ellenya is a great wheelchair pusher. She took me in a gift shop with all glassware and very narrow aisles, and didn't hit anything! =D I guess I looked a bit crazy in the shops coz I was wearing sunglasses indoors in the middle of winter, but the lights in there seemed really bright today, and my head and eyes started killing me! lol My sunglasses are pink and have little diamantes on them =). I get my new actual glasses tomorrow, which is exciting too!

After that short shopping trip, we went to the duck pond again for lunch. The only problem was, by that time I was really tired, and Kecapmanis had packed all the groceries on top of my wheelchair in the boot. This meant that the wheelchair was impossible to get out. I therefore had to walk over to a very unsupportive park bench to sit and have lunch. My back and legs were totally killing me, and the seat had no arms to lean on for support. It was also too high for me to lean back against the back of the seat while still having my feet on the ground. Basically, it was very hard for me to sit on! Lol! Also, it was freezing cold at the duck pond, which didn't help! I needed help to walk back to the car, too, which made me feel like a frail old lady! lol! Despite all that, though, I am glad we went. I like getting out of the house! Especially when it is out into nature to watch cute ducks in the sunshine (would have been nicer if there hadn't been a freezing wind! lol!). 


Anyway, as the brain fog is now well and truly setting in, I better stop typing before I start rambling! 


~Adrielle =)