Friday, July 9, 2010

My morning out! =D

Last night, Ellenya and I noticed that our tiny turtles' shells were getting softer :S. They have been recovering from shell rot, and so have been dry docking (which means that they were living on a towel in a roller-box under their special lights, and weren't allowed to get wet). Because they haven't been in their tank much, they hadn't been getting their calcium from the calcium block that is in their water. Ellenya and Kecap took them back to the vet today. They are going to be ok - they need calcium suppliments to harden them up though.  I love those little guys - I hate it when they get sick/soft! It makes me worry!


Also today, Ellenya, Kecapmanis and I went shopping. I was really glad to get out of the house (even if it was in my wheelchair) to see some different scenery! lol. We went to this awesome discount store that sold all brand-named stuff for really cheap! I got the most amazing handbag for like a third of the normal price, and another plain handbag (which was some flash brand apparently - I've never heard of it, lol! I usually shop at Target coz I can't afford brands! Lol). It was really cheap at about a quarter of the usual price. I got lots of undies and bras, too! lol! After we went to that shop, we went to Lincraft, and I got some really nice glitter oven-bake polymer clay. I am planning to make some jewellery and some flowers and stuff out of it. Then we went and had lunch. I had Chinese food! =D On the way home, we went to get some earthworms for my axolotls. We ended  up going to three different shops. Is there an earthworm shortage or something? lol!


When we got home, I was so exhausted that I just fell asleep and didn't wake up until late afternoon. When I woke up, Ellenya and I played with some Bend-and-Bake polymer clay that I got a while ago. We made dolls of our Puzzle Pirates characters. I also tried to make an orchid. I am wanting to make a small group of orchids to show at the orchid show. I always enter some of my art in the art section of the competition, and I have never not won a first or a second in the last about five years that I have been doing it! I like getting the chance to show off my artwork. There is a craft section in the competition too - I'm not sure whether clay work is art or craft. I guess it is probably art, coz it's sort of sculpture - but they have odd rules.


Anywayz, I fed my axolotls some earthworms tonight. Artemis LOVED them! From the first sniff, she went psycho, chasing the worm and snatching it! I dropped one and she chased it and tried to get it. I was worried she would try to eat it off the ground and accidentally eat gravel, so I tried to stop her by gently putting my hand in her way. She got mad at me not letting her chase her treasure, and tried to grind past me! I was worried she might have hurt herself, but she seems ok. I'm glad that I finally found a food she really likes. She isn't a liver or a meal worm fanatic (altho she does eat them, just not very enthusiastically). Almond wasn't as fond of the earthworm. I don't think he liked how much it wriggled! I eventually convinced him to eat half of one, but he wanted meal worms after it. I worry about not feeding almond enough, because when he is hungry, he becomes bitey towards his tankmate, my baby Artemis! He eats a lot lot lot more than Artemis does, but then, he is twice the size and rippling with muscles (she is growing and getting more muscly too, I have noticed). I love my axolotls!


Anywayz, it is getting late, so I think it might be my bed time. Nighty night!


~Adrielle =)