Saturday, July 17, 2010

Puzzle Pirates, Awesome Art, Axol Eggs and ME/CFS

Well, today I wasn't having a very good ME/CFS day. Luckily, my internet seemed to work quite well in the morning, so I could play Puzzle Pirates and play around on the internet! I got a new portrait in Puzzle Pirates =). Also, the very lovely and astoundingly talented Kirppu drew me the most awesome avatar! (Well worth the 15 or so times it took me tonight to refresh the page until the picture finally loaded! /me slaps internet!) You can see it here! I love my Puzzle Pirate and Twitter friends - they can always cheer me up!


Bad ME/CFS days always make me feel kinda depressed (I was diagnosed with depression a few months after I was diagnosed with ME/CFS. It was pretty much connected to the fact that my life as I knew it had kinda disappeared, and I was having trouble adjusting to life as a chronically ill person who could barely walk around). I guess it is only natural to get more depressed when you have bad ME/CFS days and feel more sick, sore, unable to concentrate or move around easily, and are stuck at home. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better day. I am really hoping to be well enough to go out shopping in my wheelchair. Might not happen though, because I have to clean the axolotl tank, and that will take energy. I am hoping the new pebble substrate will be easier to clean than the gravel was. The axolotls seem to prefer the pebbles, and they love hunting earthworms in the rocks (who knew earthworms can live in a tank for three days?! Oh, wait - not when hungry axolotls are stalking and sniffing around in the rocks for them...) I still feel mean about the live food, but I want my guys to be healthy. They really love catching and wrestling worms!


In other news, our axolotl eggs are looking slightly brownish on the outside of their clear sack. I hope that isn't a bad thing. I remember last time they had eggs in the aquarium they turned brown and still hatched, so fingers crossed!


Anywayz, my head is aching, so I think I might take some Panadol and have an early night (again) lol!


~Adrielle =)