Friday, March 7, 2014

All About AmazinAdrielle - B!

After brainstorming some things relating to my life, I have created this lovely alphabet about me - so you can get to know me a little better! You can also find more information about me on my website =).


---------------------------------------


B is for...

Bejeweled - I am addicted to Bejeweled games on my iPad - mainly Butterflies, Poker, Diamond Mine, and Lightening!


Bees - I am allergic to bee stings - but this doesn't stop me from really liking bees! They are really cute when you watch them! Bzzz!

Bachelor of Behavioural Science - the degree I completed at La Trobe University in 2009. I studied a range of subjects in the fields of psychology, behavioural neuroscience, sociology, statistics, management communications and scientific research. It was a really interesting course, and I got great marks and enjoyed my time studying =). Unfortunately, due to my worsening medical problems, I was unable to accept my place in the honours year class - which made me sad. However, I am very glad that I was able to complete the three years that I did before my illness and disability became too severe for me to continue =D. I love studying and learning new things!


Braces - having Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), I need to wear a lot of splints, braces and supports to keep my joints in place (they dislocate very easily - even in my sleep). I got my newest braces in January. They are for my knees - and are glittery purple! My new braces mean that I can walk around on short trips - instead of always having to use my wheelchair!


Bruising - another symptom of EDS is easy bruising. Some bruises even give themselves a tick of approval!



Butterflies - as well as being cute and looking pretty as they flutter around my garden, butterflies of specific colours are the awareness symbols for some of the medical conditions I suffer from. Blue butterflies are a symbol of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), and a purple butterfly is used for fibromyalgia =). I also like making little animated pixel butterflies, cross-stitching and beading butterflies, and taking photos of butterflies (and other creatures)!

 

Budgies - Last year, Ellenya and I adopted two baby budgies from the local market! Snowy (the whiter budgie) and Petri (the blue, black and white budgie) are SO INCREDIBLY CUTE! We love them! They are very friendly, and love to chatter away and play with their toys =D.



B is also for beaches (which I visit rarely, but adore), beading (one of my hobbies), and Baconian Feasts (a feast of bacon, eggs and toast of mythical proportions)!

---------------------------- 

The next installment in this alphabet will be coming soon! 

~Ad =)