Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Messy Flower Nail Art!

Ever since I was about 11 or 12 years old, I have been experimenting with nail polishes and drawing little pictures and patterns on my nails. Sometimes my experiments succeed - and sometimes they don't, but I always learn things from what does and doesn't work out - and I always have lots of fun painting! (Some of my other nail art experiments can be seen on my DeviantArt). 

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a floral nail art experiment =D. I started with plain filed nails:


Then applied a pale glittery background colour:


Next, I used pink and blue polishes to create sort of messy blobby flower shapes on each nail:


Then, I added two green leaves - in diagonally opposite corners - on each nail:


To finish off my blobby flowers, I added a dot of yellow nail polish to the centre of each flower:


Then, I added a clear top coat to seal the design:



Some of the flowers turned out better than others - but I was happy with the overall result =D.

It makes me really happy that nail art has become such a big trend lately! There are so many tools and paints available now! It's fantastic! 

~AmazinAdrielle =)