Sunday, March 27, 2011

River!

Last week on the way home from a shopping, we stopped at the river to eat ice-cream (mine was peach melba flavoured! It was awesome!) It was a nice warm day, and the park wasn't busy at all. Ellenya and I went wading in the river! I got tired very quickly, but there was a nice spot to sit on the steps that come down from the park to the water, and we could dangle our feet in the water and lean on the hand rail. Ellenya and I thought that one day we could go back there and tether a swim ring to the handrail and set sail (without the fear of being swept away by the strong river current).

On the way back to the car, I rode a pelican...

Since getting sick with ME/CFS, I haven't been able to play in the river much. I just don't have the physical strength to feel safe (and stay safe) in the current, and I tire so very quickly! I'm so grateful for any time I have the energy to have fun in the water (even if they are very short, and mostly few and far between!) I'm really glad that Ellenya takes care of me!

Today, we went to the river again! We went to a different spot, though. We had a picnic lunch beside the water, in the shade of a giant old gum tree. It was nice and quiet (except for the pleasant sounds of kookaburras and other birds). I grew some lovely sweet teeth!

Later, Ellenya and I went swimming in the river! I took a big swim ring to protect against getting too tired and drowning, and we packed an air bed pump to use to pump it up! Ellenya stopped me and my swim ring from floating away with the current, using the handy little handles on the swim ring. After a while, I got too tired and had to get out of the water. Ellenya had to help me walk back to our picnic blanket!

Then Ellenya found a pretzel bra!

I lied in the shade of the giant old gum tree and snoozed. It was lovely! When it was time to go home, we had the dilemma of having to fit the now blown-up swim ring into the car... It had a safety valve on it to stop it from leaking air and deflating, which was really not helpful when we wanted it to deflate! We managed to shrink it enough that we could stuff it into the back seat between us! I snoozed on it as we drove, hehe!

When we got home, I had a shower to rinse off the river mud (I'm very glad that I have a shower chair!) Then I went to bed until dinner time. I am still recovering from the awesome day, but I am so glad that I got to go out and have fun!

~Adrielle =)