Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wildlife Park! =)

My dad took this picture of my new friend chewing my fingers!
Anyone who knows me probably knows that I love animals! Today, my family went to the wildlife sanctuary! It was awesome =) Ellenya says the park rehabilitates injured wild animals as well as housing animals that were bred in captivity. I am so grateful to my dad for pushing my wheelchair around the whole park!!! I made friends with a cockatoo who could say "Hello!" hehe
I took these pictures:
He chewed Ellenya too!

He was really cute! We also got to feed and pat some very friendly little kangaroos!  I took lots of pictures of them! They were so cute and soft!
This little guy decided to sniff my toes!
My dad took this awesome picture!!!
They like to lie around relaxing... kinda like my cat! 

We saw a barking owl that sounded like a dog barking... I am so glad there isn't one of those nesting outside my window!
My dad took this pic!
We saw some little wallabies too - but they were pretty shy and didn't come over to us.  I took a picture of one of them from a distance.

There were also peacocks in the park. Those guys are SO PRETTY! I think they know it, too - they have that air about them... lol!
Dad is better at photographing these guys than I was! This picture is by him =)
Dad took this photo
Dad took this picture too!
And there were also some cute little ducks! 

And some swans! (These two were inside a big walk through aviary - one was missing some feathers from its wing, so maybe that's why it was inside - there were lots of swans outside too!)
And these birdies! I think the first one is some type of lapwing, but I'm not sure. I have no idea what kind of bird the backwards bending knee guy is! Dad thought he was a statue - but then he moved! hehe 

There were some cute little grass parrots and a rosella outside.

We saw some cutie koalas resting in trees under misting sprinkler things and shade sails to keep cool! It was hot, and we stood getting misted for a while too! 

The park also had some little fairy penguins! One of them was rescued from being tangled in fishing line, and only has one foot =( Poor little guy! He seemed pretty happy there though =) 
Dad took this picture of feeding time!

I so want to go back there again!!! 

~Adrielle =) 

*Pics without captions that say otherwise were taken by me =)