Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 1 of Our Holiday!

Well, Kecapmanis, Ellenya and I are away on holiday. Before we left, we had to teach Jollyrob how to feed the turtles (cut up and thaw their food), and how to bath them and put their ointment on (he had never even touched a baby turtle before!) He also had to learn how to hand feed my axolotls (who eat live food >.<), feed the canaries and clean their house, feed the tropical fish (who eat three separate kinds of food, one of which is blood worms that have to be thawed), and feed the horrible little fish in the turtle tank. He already knew how to feed the cat, and she would never let him forget... Meeow!


Moke didn't want us to pack and leave... she tried to stop us from packing by sitting (and snoozing) in the suitcase... Poor baby! I miss her so much already =( No cattie cuddles this morning - just an abusive neighbour screaming next door... scary!


We arrived at our destination yesterday afternoon. It was pretty hard getting up at 4:30am to leave (especially with ME/CFS). Our bus left at 6am, and reached the train station at 8:30am. I was very glad that we packed my wheelchair coz it was a long walk to the train platform! Luckily, we had 25 minutes before the train left - enough time to get to the platform, and to get some nice hot chocolate and cookies from the station cafe =D. I had packed lollies to eat as well - so I could feast on the train (no eating on the bus =(). Kecap said we could only have one packet of lollies each... So I chose the bag pictured! hehe 


When we got to Southern Cross station, we had Hungry Jacks for lunch, before stopping at the Sugar Station lolly shop. Ellenya bought horrible giant gobstoppers which she convinced me to try... I will let her tell that story though! lol! She is now singing "Say A Little Prayer" with a gobstopper in her mouth... Almost as scary as the neighbour yelling this morning!


Anyway, after one last train ride and a taxi ride, we finally reached our destination :) It was after 1pm. I was exhausted and slept a lot! I did get to meet my new baby cousin though! He is gorgeous =D. Today I could barely wake up! I have had a shower now though =). (Ellenya is now singing "I Still Call Australia Home" with the gobstopper in her mouth... Apparently it is hurting her cheek... I WONDER WHY! lol!)


This morning I took a picture of Elle's side of the room, and my side of the room... Can you spot the difference? Lol!
Well, Ellenya is still singing... And it is rather concerning, so I will hurry up and finish writing... lol! I drew some pictures this morning - basically just my name and Elle's name written in rainbow pen. I was inspired by the graffiti near the train line lol!


I wonder what tomorrow will bring... And if I will survive Elle making farting noises and laughing at them... Save me!


~Adrielle =)