Friday, February 4, 2011

The Factory!

Well, I have been working a lot on my factory assignment over the last few weeks. I made the first two pieces of machinery that I had to make (the crusher and the furnace), and had a lovely box and scale marker for the room or building of my factory.













The next thing on the list of things to do was to make my own piece of machinery. The only thing that it really said I had to do was to make something that fitted in with the other machinery, and to make something with at least two moving parts that looked like they could make the machine work. So I made a crane. I made the plans, and collected reference images, and designed and built it. It was kind of fun, but took a pretty long time and a lot of mental energy.










The last tutorial left on the list was for a conveyor belt. I couldn't get the tutorial to work, so I emailed the email address that I am supposed to email with any problems. They didn't reply, so I sent messages to a few of my teachers, who did reply. The website with the tutorials was redone this week, and the conveyor belt one now works. The only problem is that now they have put extra information on the piece of machinery we have to make, and my poor old crane no longer fits the criteria =(. I will have to make something else, I guess (I have been researching saws).


A bit dejected about my crane, and pretty reluctant to scrap it completely, I worked a bit today on the factory superstructure - the supports that hold the building up, windows, (doors - even though it didn't mention those on the assignment sheet - how can the factory workers get in and out without doors?!), chutes and lights. All I have to do now is make another piece of machinery to replace the crane, and make a conveyor belt (although the tutorial looks a bit sketchy on the details...) I kind of think I should make a light switch as well, maybe lol! 












~Adrielle =)