Friday, May 21, 2010

Knitting, Epiphanies & Stamps - Oh My!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty dead (ME/CFS is such a pain in the bum). I had a yoghurt for breakfast because I was too tired to make anything else, lol! Mum went out to her "Biggest Morning Tea" lunch, and Ellenya (my sister) and I were bored at home. Glancing around for something un-energetic, yet entertaining to occupy us, we decided to knit. Logical - what else was there to do? lol! We already sort of knew how to knit, but not how to cast on - so we headed off to trusty Google and found some "How to cast on" videos from YouTube!


After a short amount of time spent trying to follow the instructions, I got confused and decided to finger-knit instead. I made Ellenya and I each a bracelet! Ellenya persevered, cast on and began to knit. She cast mine on too so I could knit if I wanted to  - only my hands were so tired and sore I have only managed to do two rows so far. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to do some more! I am knitting with rainbow wool, which is my favourite colour!


Anyway, our four-month-old turtles (Shelley and Franklin) are in "hospital" at the moment, because they are not allowed to get wet (which they hate!) They have "superficial shell rot", and need to be kept as dry as possible for the next week (at least). They also have to have ointment on their shells... Ellenya has to try to rub it on while they squirm and keep putting their hands in it and getting it all over themselves and her! They are so cute! I love them so much!


I also emailed a vet about my Artemis today (she is an axolotl) - she has what I think is a scar or a birthmark - but I wanted to just send a picture and check that there isn't something I should be doing. She isn't worried by it, but I just wanted to be sure I shouldn't be taking her to a vet or doing something about it. I love her! And her tankmate, Almond.

Today I also found a ME/CFS support group in my area that I want to join. I emailed to ask how. I have never been part of a support group before - even though I have had ME/CFS for almost six years. I am kinda nervous about going, but I would like to meet some other people who are truly sympathetic and understand what ME/CFS is and what it does to you, your family and your life. The support groups, chat rooms, forums etc. I go to online have all been great - so I hope this is too!


Lastly, I made a stamp for Deviant Art today. I have never made one before! lol =D I love that site! Everyone sharing awesome art! It is so inspiring =D =D =D Wonder why I didn't find it sooner... lol!


~Adrielle =)